Re: s6-linux-init: /etc/rc.tini not executed

From: Colin Booth <cathexis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 08:18:05 -0800

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 5:54 AM, Guillaume Perréal <gperreal_at_free.fr> wrote:
> Le 02/02/2017 à 14:46, Colin Booth a écrit :
>>>
>>> Have I overlooked/misunderstood something ?
>>
>> Make sure you are running s6-svscan with the -s option.
>
> Already checked: it is. The /init script was created by s6-linux-init-maker
> and I barely touched it.
Yeah I saw that after I'd replied. I shouldn't reploy to email when
I'm half asleep.

> I do not know why s6-svscan does not exec its signal handlers.
What happens when you signal s6-svscan via `kill -USER1' instead of
via s6-shutdown? Same effect (going straight to the finish routine) or
does it run your signal handler? Lastly, what version of s6-linux-init
and s6-linux-utils are you using? There's a chance that you are using
an old s6-{halt,reboot,poweroff} from before those turned into signal
senders.

Cheers!

--
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to
man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees