readiness notification from non-subprocess

From: Buck Evan <buck_at_yelp.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 13:49:19 -0700

If i'm reading the code correctly, readiness notification currently works
via a unnamed pipe between s6-supervise and its supervised subprocess. I'd
like to tell s6-supervise that my service has become 'ready' from a parent
process, which of course doesn't have access to that named pipe.

I realize this is highly unusual and possibly a problematic design on my
part, but I think this would be a reasonable feature; could we promote that
anonymous pipe to a named pipe under supervise/, please?
 supervise/notification seems like an obvious choice.