Re: execline bug

From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida_at_math.ist.utl.pt>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 00:04:22 +0100 (WEST)

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Laurent Bercot wrote:

> > BTW, on an unrelated matter: are you sure musl supports a proper
> > localtime()?
>
> AFAIK it does, but ask the musl mailing-list if you have doubts.
> The thing is, musl is scrupulously following POSIX, so it does not
> read timezones from /etc/TZ or /etc/localtime or anything of the kind:
> you need a TZ environment variable. But the tests I did with TZ unset,
> then set to :right/Europe/Paris worked for me.

Could you elaborate on what tests you did? I tried this small program
http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2012/10/26/11
and it yields the correct time when compiled against glibc, but not
against musl (the musl version knows about DST but not about leap
seconds). Did you use musl-gcc -static?
I had the correct TZ:
$ env|grep TZ
TZ=:right/Portugal